Thursday, July 29, 2010

More on the Twin Pirates

Thank you all for the nice comments on yesterday's post. I might need to explain a little better what was involved. I think you all gave me too much credit. This is a pile of the boys old bumper pads. All I did was tear them all apart, then added a few pieces of material into different places to make the size I needed for the new pillows. Luckily I didn't have to build these pillows from scratch, all the piece work was already done.


Both boys pillows are now done.


The next thing I made them is pillow cases to match their existing quilts. The pillowcases were store bought. I cut out the little pirates from one of the pads and sewed then on the cases. Also I used some of the polka dot fabric to put on the casing to jazz it up some.
Cute little guys, don't you agree?
I'm off to Laci's house tomorrow to sew curtains for the living room.

8 comments:

The Picketts said...

These really turned out adorable! I had wondered what you would end up with...and as always - it's perfect! I LOVE it! Those are some lucky boys!

Laci said...

I am in love!! Thanks mom, not just for these little pirates, but for everything. I really am a lucky girl!! :)

Emily said...

Wow! They are adorable!! You are so talented!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh.. everything is adorable! Great work!

Dana said...

Pirates are so cute. I love the pillow cases!

The Hamilton Family said...

Adorable!!! Love the pillow cases.

Crystal Hendrix said...

Very cute! I love the pirates on them! Adorable!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

AMAZING!!!! Beautiful!