Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Time with the Rogina Three

As I posted a few days ago, Laci just turned 30. For her birthday she and Matt, along with some of their good friends, went to the Bahamas! I had kid duty for the first part of the trip. It was Nana time with the Rogina three and Hurley! We had a great time playing, potty training (the boys), having lunch at In-n-Out, just to name some of our activities.



Tuesday night, as I was putting the kids to bed,
Mackenzi asked if this was my 3rd night with them....this is how our conversation went:
Z- Nana, is this night # 3?

Me- Yes Mackenzi.
Tomorrow night Grandma and Grandpa are coming over after work and you will stay with them until Friday night. Mommy and Daddy will be home then.

Z- (starting to get teary eyed) Nana, I'm going to miss you so much...(now crying!)

Me- (Calmly explaining to Z,) Mackenzi...you know I live in my house with Boppa, right?

Z- (tearfully)...yes

Me- ...and you live here, in your house with Mommy, Daddy, and your Bo Bo's right?

Z- Yes

Me- Mackenzi, I want you to know that when I visit I have to go home to Boppa and Daisy. But, I love you very much, so every time I leave I will always come back. I would never leave you forever. Also, when ever you are missing me, just ask Mommy if you can call me!

I dried her tears, promised her I would be up as soon as I picked up to sleep with her again on this last night....and all was right with my sweet little girl.

Wednesday afternoon Grandma arrived to take over. As I was saying my goodbyes to the kids, Mackenzi came to give me a hug, and started to question my leaving. I asked her...Mackenzi,
what happens when I leave? She smiled and said I have to go home, but I will always come back because I love her! She then went straight over to Grandma, snuggled up next to her, looked at me and said: I'm not going to be sad, I'm going to have more fun with Grandma anyway!
Boy, does that girl know how to work both sides or what!

Here are a few more pictures of my sweeties.

Thanks Laci and Matt for letting me have the kids all to myself for a few days!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Seriously..."Z" is the cutest little thing ever. I just love her personality!

Looks like you had a fun time with the kiddos...

and it also looks like you are the best Nana ever!!

Laci said...

No, Thank YOU so much mom!! It's so nice to be able to leave the kids and know 100% that they will be soooo loved and well taken care of!!! You're the best!!

Amy said...

I don't know how you do it, but you always manage to capture the cutest photos ever. I love! And that convo was seriously adorable :). You are such a cute Grandma!