Thursday, December 16, 2010

Me? Slowing Down?

Yes! I find that I am slowing down. I think maybe my slowing down is most peoples normal speed. I used to get a thought in my head and would wonder why it wasn't completed yesterday! Hurry to start, and complete, the task at hand. All the while my next project is running in my head. I have to say I still have all those things in my head, but... the need to hurry is leaving. Maybe it's because there seem to be more things I want to do. Maybe it's because I know the world will not end if I didn't get the top of the fridge cleaned off, or the dust from under the dryer swept up. Could it possibly be that the things I'm more interested in are sitting down to read more than a few paragraphs of my current book in one sitting. Perhaps, sewing things that are important to a 4 and 5 year old little girl? Taking the time to listen to a story heard once, or twice before. Time to just "be". I'm not sure of the origin but I'll tell you it's a very peaceful feeling.... and it's NOT that I'm getting old!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love it. Whenever you write out your thoughts, I feel like you capture a feeling - and I feel that feeling through your whole writing, I love that.

Lori said...

Well at least the mind hasn't gone yet. LOL Life is alot more meaninful when you stop and smell the roses!