Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hump Day


Today was a really busy day at work for me. We have several units that are vacant. When tenants leave, they take their sign-age...leaving quite the mess. We have 2 units that were in need of a little TLC. This is one of them. The letters and such are originally applied with foam tape and silicone. The foam tape holds everything in place until the silicone dries. Let me tell you, this is a big job. I have to use a power drill with a wire wheel on it just to remove all the adhesive. (Thankfully the surface is a hardy board so the wire wheel doesn't hurt the finish.) Then the surface has to be cleaned with some acetone to take the last of the residue off. Lastly,the fascia gets a new coat of paint. This was the easier job of the two. I worked on these all day. My arms are aching from holding the drill , my feet are barking from standing on ladder rungs, I lost count of how many times I went up and down the ladder, and basically I was covered with a thick layer of silicone. We didn't get home from work until 6 pm. I also forgot to take after pictures. Oh well ...there's always tomorrow!
Needless to say, we were eating out. Bob's Big Boy was our pick for dinner
.
This is what we say when we walked in the door. Bob is made out of balloons!

.
As this family was leaving,I asked this lady if I could take her picture, then told her to have a very happy birthday! Awesome birthday cake!

We just happened to park right next to the balloon artist!

He did a super job on all the shapes he made for the children eating at Bob's Big Boy tonight!
By the way, the Chili-spaghetti was excellent, as usual!

3 comments:

The Picketts said...

I LOVE the look of your new blog! I wish I had the patience to figure out how to make my blog cuter! Ok, so mostly I want my photog blog to be cuter! (That's what I've enlisted Jason to do...but so far he hasn't!)

Kayla said...

I agree with Diana! Your blog is SOO cute!! That is alot of work! At least it makes for a fast day!!! I want to see the after photo's!

Cooper Family said...

ok, I agree i need help with my BLOG...SOMEONE help me I have the pictures but no HELP ..... anyone want to help