Thursday, August 6, 2009

Maxine?

It's Thursday and that means it's the day for the: You Have Got To Be Kidding Me post. Laci over at A Little Bit Crazy, A Whole Lot Of Love has a blog carnival today. We've all had one of those moments, won't you join in on the fun?

This past week, Jerry and I were driving on a major street near our home. We often hear the screeching of tires when people are not paying attention and are traveling too fast for this problem intersection. Needless to say, a lot of crashes happen in this spot. So, we are stopped at a red light, at the intersection just before the problem intersection. We are in the slow lane and next to us is another car. The light turns green and this car speeds off like there is a fire somewhere. I'm looking ahead to the "problem intersection" and the light is red! You know what thought is coming next.....You've got to be kidding me! Where does that car think it's gonna go? In my mind I see and accident in the making. Suddenly the driver sees what's going to happen and SLAMS on the brakes! Whew, that was a close one. We creep up to the stop, look over to the other car and who is driving? You know the cartoon Maxine? If it wasn't her namesake I'm shocked! Also I'm thinking she probably needs to wipe about now. So the light changes and we both start to go. I am getting ready to get on the freeway and I can't see her in my rear view mirror, she should have passed our on ramp already. As I make the loop and am looking forward again I spot her! Get this....SHE IS STOPPED AT THE GREEN LIGHT! Seriously there comes a time when loving family members need to take away the keys and start driving for our elderly family members!

No comments: