Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Recital

Friday night I went with the Gus Fam to see my little Braeden at his first piano recital. He did AWESOME! I am so proud of his ability to learn. He seems to soak up everything so easily. His piano teacher put on a very nice program. There were a total of 8 kids playing. Their ages ranged from 5 to about 14 years old. They all did great. She "Took us Around the World With Music" Each child played a piece from a different place, by a different composer. She had boarding passes, with each "destination" on it, an itinerary if you will, of the evening's pieces. She really did a good job, it was so nice!
The after party was at Dana and Kevin's house. Dana, Kevin, Brad, Kathy, Greg, Stephanie, and the kids all attended. We had a great time making cookies and just hanging out.

2 comments:

The Picketts said...

What a Great idea for a piano recital! If I ever teach again - I'm going to steal the idea! How cute! Braeden looks so handsome!!! I'm glad he did such a wonderful job!

The Gustafson Family said...

And I got the best interior decorating consulation that anyone could ever ask for!! I am working on the pictures as I type!! It was a great night!