Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rain

There is an old song that says something about... "It never rains in Southern California, but girl they don't warn ya, it pours, man it pours!" We have had a nice beginning to the rainy season. We need the rain desperately! The planter in our front yard is flooded. It's hard to see in this blurry photo though. For many years I have had an awesome rain gauge. Several years ago my last one had served us well and met the trash can. I have been looking for the same kind for several years since. On our last trip to visit my parents we went to town to the nursery, yeah...they had it! I was so excited for the rain to come. When it rains I empty the gauge every morning at 7am. This was our reading this morning!


I love the rain....and my new rain gauge!

1 comment: