Sunday, January 2, 2011

Every Time it Rains, it Rains....

Pennies from Heaven.
Don't you know each cloud contains...
Pennies from Heaven
It's raining!

and....

I was thinking about the date tomorrow, and it being my Sweet Auntie Rita's birth date.
This song just popped into my head.

I am feeling empathy for all my cousins.
There are so many firsts that are hard to bare.
Getting through the holidays,
birthdays,
both hers and theirs.
Functions with her missing.
So many things...
....and it's hard!
Hard for people that haven't experienced it to understand.
But somehow, we all get through it,
realizing that we are stronger than we give ourselves credit.
Thankful for our children to help soften the hurt,
knowing they need us,
just as we needed our mother
....and life goes on!
So...
with that being said....
I'm sure these two are happy to be together
with their mother,
having a grand time celebrating each new day.....
and throwing random pennies our way,
to remind us they are nearby.
Happy day Auntie Rita!
Keep those pennies coming!

6 comments:

Dana said...

What a sweet post!

Kayla said...

Sniff, Sniff. So sweet Jan. Love the Penny picture!

Laci said...

Very sweet! Happy day Auntie Rita...and thanks for the morning tears, mom!

The Picketts said...

Awww...surprisingly, I'm doing really good today. I didn't even tear up at all! I miss my mom like CRAZY today, but I feel SO much better since I have a "mission" today! A gift to her to honor her extraordinary life. I'm so excited - and I can feel her close!


Nope, I lied...just started to tear up. I guess that's to be expected!

Amy said...

Very sweet, I loved it.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Im so happy I got to meet her!!! Beautiful post!